Stickymonger, aka Joohee Park, is a Brooklyn-based artist with an obsession to convert spaces into imaginary worlds that emerge as giant mural installations.
Stickymonger’s murals are composed of black “stickers,” meticulously cut from giant sheets of vinyl and installed piece-by-piece by the artist, creating images that melt and flow together like rivers of ink cascading down the gallery’s walls. Park’s tactile and visual obsession with fluid and sticky blackness is related directly to her childhood experiences. Growing up in Korea, in a home adjacent to her family’s gas station, Park’s backyard housed six fuel-storage garages. There, the future artist would hide among the oil cans, often stepping in and playing with the dense black petroleum puddles that were ubiquitous in her world.
Her subjects are visceral:darkness, prejudice, and anxiety are represented as eyes, holes and little girls, allowing the viewer to vicariously experience Stickymonger’s sardonic signification viewpoint of human nature.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Stickymonger.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Stickymonger has lent her design skills to.
- Dunny - 3" "Moirai" for the Spiritus Dea Series, 2019
- Dunny - 3" "Moirai" Chase for the Spiritus Dea Series, 2019
These are one-off, or very limited, pieces.
- Piece(s) for GR2 15 Years, 2018
- Piece(s) for Do As You Please, 2018
- Piece(s) for Robots Will Kill and Friends, 2018
- Piece(s) for Robots Will Kill and Friends, 2017
- Bedtime Bunnies - custom for Le Reve Du Lapin, 2016
- Bedtime Bunnies - "Bunny dreaming me, Me dreaming bunny" custom for Bedtime Stories, 2015
- Piece(s) for White Monsters, 2015
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2015