Robots Will Kill
A child of the 80s, Chris’ world was often completely flooded with the imagery and ideas presented by his television, his comic books, and the music and movies of the time. Immersed in these various mediums, Chris began to store the images brought forward though these everyday experiences in what he refers to as a “mental journal”. This journal was a haven of his thoughts that he could refer back to whenever necessary. Chris’ paintings frequently cite past conceptions of popular culture embedded in his psyche’s cache. This use of intertextuality also serves to offer a comfort or familiarity of sorts to the viewer. Chris’ works frequently reveal everyday musings and people one would pass on the street without looking or thinking about twice. These images also aid Chris in the creation of a visual language comprised of his own iconographic imagery. Through the repetition of this imagery, Chris strives to familiarize his viewers with the language he has constructed. Chris believes that the notions within his pieces serve as a backbone to the many stories created by the onlooker when he or she is viewing the work.
In 2001 Chris set in motion RobotsWillKill.com. Robots Will Kill is an arts site dedicated to community and exposure for artists/media often disregarded by the mainstream art world. Rather than featuring his own work exclusively, he opened it up to allow the possibility for it to become whatever it evolved into being. RWK has a core group of artists, those artists are Chris, Kev/Psyn, Veng and Over Under. Along with overseas affiliates ECB (Germany), Peeta (Italy), Flying Fortress (Germany) and JesseRobot (Belgium). This extended roster of artists helps to promote RWK as we push the boundaries of art.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Robots Will Kill.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Robots Will Kill have lent their design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, pieces.
- Drone - custom for the Drone Blank Show, 2018
- Piece(s) for Robots Will Kill and Friends, 2018
- Piece(s) for Robots Will Kill and Friends, 2017
- "Top of the World Ma" for Robots Will Kill 15th Anniversary Show, 2016
- "No More Grey Skies" for Studio Gold, 2016
- Piece(s) for The Holiday Extravaganza, 2015
- Mini Ghost Girl - custom for the Ghost Girl Expo, 2015
- Piece(s) for No Toon Left Behind, 2015
- Piece(s) for the Twisted Mouse Show, 2015
- Piece(s) for Arsenal of Artists - The Recruits, 2015
- Lolligag - custom for Vive La Lolligag! 2, 2015
- "Skate or Die Trying" for Thrashin', 2015
- Piece(s) for Works Cited, 2014
- Ghost Girl - "Not Dead Yet" custom for Ghost In The Machine, 2011
- Paper Toy Custom for Thought Processor, 2010