Andrea Kang has created a fanciful world filled with girls, bears, and little creatures. Her narratives explore nostalgia and the blurred lines that exist between dreams, reality, and memories. After graduating with her Masters from the Rhode Island School of Design she worked for Hasbro Inc. designing toys. Since then she's taught, participated in gallery exhibitions and dedicated her time to freelance illustration and product design work. She also started a design collective with illustrator Nathan Jurevicius under the moniker 'Harley and Boss'.
- Pretend Sleep, 2013
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Andrea.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Andrea has lent her design skills to.
- Dead Bear - 5.5" Bear Bones, 2018
- Dunny - 3" "DTA Dunny Show" series, 2017
- Jibibuts - Artist Series, 2012
These are one-off, or very limited, pieces.
- Veil - "The Magician" custom, NYCC exclusive, 2018
- Piece(s) for Do As You Please, 2018
- Piece(s) for Who Cares Bears, 2018
- Piece(s) for Yetipocalypse, 2018
- Trikky - "SAINTS", 3 pieces, red, blue and gold, MPH, NYCC exclusive, 2016
- Dunny - 8" "Black Magic" for the DTA Dunny Show, 2016
- Piece(s) for Kute as Fuh!, 2015
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2015
- Piece(s) for Cutepocalypse, 2015
- Bedtime Bunnies - "Three Bears" custom for Bedtime Stories, 2015
- "Night Beams" for the Supahcute Kaiju Show 2, 2015
- Piece(s) for Be My Valentine, 2015
- Junior - "Junior Bear" custom for When Hell Freezes Over 2, 2015
- "Ghost White" for White Monsters, 2015
- Piece for 10x10, 2014
- Piece(s) for Scary Girl - 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition, 2012
- Piece(s) for Pablove One Another, 2012
- Piece(s) for Rabid, Wild and Docile, 2012