Annie Owens is a native of California's Bay Area and is currently living in Albany as the co-founder of Hi-Fructose magazine. She's shown in various gallery group exhibits over the last three years with her first solo show last May. Her work is Primarily rendered in watercolours and ink on paper. Her figurative paintings depict sullen faced girls who confront viewers with sometimes malicious stares, sometimes with a baleful gaze. The figures represent qualities within familial relationships and the varying complicated degrees of affection, malice, distrust, pain and love which exist within them.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Annie.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Annie has lent their design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece for Darkpop, 2012
- "Reap what you sow" for Inle, 2011
- Piece(s) for Remedy, 2010
- "Over the Hills and Far Away" for Noxious Fumes, 2008
- Sharky - custom for ToyQube's 4th Anniversary Show, 2008
- Custom Hot Wheels VW Bus for the Toys show, 2008
- Labbit - 10" Danger Park custom for Down the Bunny Hole, 2008
- Custom for Bitters and Sweets, 2007
- Piece(s) for Power In Numbers, 2006
- Cheshire Cat - 8" custom for We're All Mad Here, 2006
- Nade - custom for Operation Fragmentation, 2006
- Piece for The Monster Show, 2005
- Circus Punks - custom for 100 Circus Punks Rule NYC, 2005
- Funny Club - 4" custom for The Funny Club Show, 2005