Daniel Yu is a Singaporean sculptor who works primarily in the medium of clay and resin. Heavily influenced by an upbringing steeped in local tradition, as well as pop culture ephemera; his works combine both worlds of imagination. His investigations centre on the intrinsic value of memory and the use of storytelling as a tool that highlights social and cultural similarities. His works offer a means of escapism from the real world, yet remain largely shaped by his personal experiences. Daniel’s fictitious characters see a cult following amongst the urban and subculture art scene in both Singapore and abroad.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Daniel.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Daniel has lent his design skills to.
- Crawdad Kid for OMFG
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Bao - "Rainbow Flavoured Bao", 5 pieces, 2018
- Vincent & Liquid - custom for the Vincent Custom Exhibition, 2014
- Mickey Mouse - "Wanna (be) Just Like You" custom for STCC, 2011
- Bambaboss - "Red Alert" custom, 2011
- Trexi - 3" Steam Punk, 2010