Through striking visual imagery, Jeff Soto communicates profound visions and fears, nostalgia of his youth, and themes of love, lust, and hope. Soto’s distinct color palette, subject matter, technique and bold themes resonate with a growing audience. Inspired by childhood toys, the colorful lifestyle of skateboarding and graffiti, hip-hop and popular culture, Soto’s representational work is simultaneously accessible and stimulating.
Environmental issues also take precedent for Soto, who is concerned with conflict of humans trying to harness, or take advantage of nature. His paintings exude this tension, as robotic creatures duel, organic tentacles and flower bouquets thrive, and black smog looms amidst floating, ominous skulls.
In 2002, Soto graduated with Distinction from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. He currently lives in Southern California, with his wife Jennifer and daughter Shannon.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Jeff.
Toy Series Participation
These are the various toys that Jeff has contributed his art to.
- Bearbrick - 100% ZacPac, 2010
- Qee - Gumivore 8" Egg Blue, 288 pieces, 2006
- Qee - Terrarium 8" Egg, 500 pieces, 2006
- Qee - Terrarium 8" Egg, Orion, 288 pieces, 2006
- Qee - Terrarium 8" Egg, Minnasota, 100 pieces, 2006
- Qee - 2.5" Ox-Op Series 3 - Red Biter, 2006
- Qee - 2.5" Ox-Op Series 3 - Blue Cryer, 2006
- Qee - 2.5" Ox-Op Series 1 - Gangsta, 2004
- Circus Punks - 30" Black Fur, 10 pieces
- Circus Punks - 30" White Fur, 75 pieces
These are one-off pieces by Jeff.
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2013
- Piece(s) for Tiny Trifecta, 2011
- Piece for Inle, 2011
- Vadar Helmet for the The Vadar Project, 2009
- Piece for the Balls Out show, 2008
- Piece for the SuperHero Art Exhibition, 2008
- Vadar custom for The Vadar Project, 2007
- Piece for The Beast Within, 2007
- Piece(s) for Baby Tattooville, 2007
- Fatcap - 18" Custom for Kidrobot's Paintball, 2006
- Munny - custom for Munny Show LA, 2005
- Qee - custom for Qeedrophonic, 2004