Born in Cardiff, Wales, in 1969, Pete Fowler is one of the most-recognized graphic designers of our time. Although he has a Fine Art background (he was educated at the Falmouth School of Art), Pete is currently working as a freelance illustrator, artist and monster maker; his clients range from Sony Creative Products, Vidal Sassoon, and Faberge to Super Furry Animals, Tatler and the Sci-Fi Channel.
Pete works mostly in the UK and Japan for his company Pete Fowler Ltd. His work includes a self published comic 'Slouch',. two films for the Super Furry Animals DVD 'Rings Around the World': Receptacle for the Respectable and Surfer Girl, and graphics for Satan Arbeit - a clothing brand from Osaka he has worked with for the last few years. He mainly designs the prints, logos, textile patterns, promotional items, illustrations and store painting for them.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys Pete has designed.
- Monsterism Island
- The Magic Numbers
- The Mighty Boosh
- Toy Prince
- Dissected Toy Prince
- Maximillian Cash
- Nemesis The Warlock
Toy Series Participation
These are toys Pete has lent his design skills to.
- Janky - 8" "Ovnik Maui", 2019
- Janky - 3" figure for Series 2, 2019
- Janky - 3" "Bran" Series 1, alternate colourway, 2018
- Janky - 3" "Bran" Series 1, 2018
- Dolbee - 5" ATP'09 Special Edition, 2009
- Kubrick - 100% Grimpy and Local Diety Number 419, Elders of Monsterism Island Set, 2006
These are one-off pieces by Pete.
- Toyconosaurus - "Shoreline Beast" custom for the Custom T-Con Show, 2013
- Munny - custom Kracka for the Dragons Custom Show, 2012
- Bearbrick - 400% "Captain Bobcat" for Icons, 2011
- Mini Lunartik in A Cup of Tea - custom for Lunartik Mini-Tea Tour, 2011
- Piece(s) for The Mad Potters Tea Party, 2011
- Lunartik in A Cup of Tea - custom for the Lunartik Custom Tea Tour, 2009/2010
- Piece for The Beast Within, 2007
- Custom long board for Decked Out, 2006
- Action Man Custom for Action Man 40 40, 2006
- Dunny - 20" custom for The Dunny Show 2004, 2004
- All City Style - custom for Tag the System NYC, 2004