My name is Peter Kato & I have been a fan & have worked in this toy industry from almost every point (collecting, retail sales experience, designing…) all except making. My background is based in comic book/manga illustration dating back in the late 90′s(Team Smile Inc/Apollo Smile Live Action Anime Girl) , to many years working in sales/managing in speciality toy store retail(Toy Tokyo), to currently working in an art studio that focuses on decoupage(John Derian Co.)
Currently I am a member of the Cortes Studio in Brooklyn, New York. Under the guidance of master sculptor Dave Cortes I have learned all the points of traditional hand sculpting, mold-making, resin castings and presently starting the lessons in digital sculpting. Now I spend all my free time doing what I love most. Making toys.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Peter.
- Turtle Tetsujin
- Fright Bites
- Cherry Blossom
- Mogu Tank
- Bedtime Bunnies
- Bad Knight
- Sleeptime Bunnies
- Sea Bunnies
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Peter has lent his design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, pieces.
- Piece(s) for They Came From Planet Rainbow Sparkles, 2017
- Bedtime Bunnies - custom for Le Reve Du Lapin, 2016
- Piece(s) for Toys & Towers, 2016
- "My Honey Bunnie" for Studio Gold, 2016
- Geekwok - custom for the Custom Geekwok Show, 2015
- Piece(s) for Brodarrfest US, 2015
- Piece(s) for the Supahcute Kaiju Show 2, 2015
- Piece(s) for Color Theory, 2014
- Piece(s) for Scary Girl - 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition, 2012
- Devil Dog - "Skeletor" custom for Osaka Popstar Devil Dog Art Show, 2008
- Custom long board for Decked Out, 2006
- Circus Punks - custom for 100 Circus Punks Rule NYC, 2005
- All City Style - custom for Tag the System NYC, 2004