Born in Juarez, Mexico, and raised in Dallas, Texas, Marka27’s foray into the art world began in the city’s streets mastering the art of graffiti. Advancing to earn his BFA from The Museum School of Fine Arts in Boston, Massachusetts, Marka27 became a household name for his “audio canvas” series and elaborately executed installation art and murals. He has been featured in many lifestyle magazines/ books such as Graffiti Planet, Burning New York, I am Plastic Too and made the cover of "Flux-Designer Toys.
Marka27's artwork has been exhibited in high end galleries through out the east and west coast such as, Gallery 1988, Think Space, La Luz de Jesus, The Mills Gallery Boston, and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. His artwork has been shown along side established artists, Futura, David Choe, Ron English and Gary Baseman. Marka27 also sold artwork through the world renowned Freeman's Auction House.
Marka27 has been commissioned to collaborate artistically by some of today's most well know brands such as, Levis, Pioneer, Scion, Converse, Heineken, VH1, Disney, New Balance and Kidrobot.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Marka.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Marka has lent his design skills to.
- Bentworld Cans - Artist Series 1, 2011
- Dunny - 8" Serpent, 1,500 pieces, 2011
- Dunny - 8" Serpent (chase black), 2011
- Dunny - 3", Azteca Series 2, 2011
- Dunny - 3", Azteca Series 2, Chase, 2011
- Bic Buddies - 8" Half Dead Buddy, 2010
- Mini-G - 3.5", 2009
- Bic Buddies - 3" "Luchador", Artist Series 1, 2009
These are one-off pieces by Marka27.
- Piece(s) for Vinyl Azteca, 2015
- Piece for 99 Deaths of Jar Jar, 2013
- Dunny - custom for Dunny Dia De Muertos, 2012
- Piece(s) for Scary Girl - 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition, 2012
- Munny - 6" custom for Urban Outfitters Munny Month, 2012
- Gumpy - custom for The Gumpy Show, 2011
- Dunny - 8" Black "Bloody Shadow Serpent", 10 pieces, 2011
- Dunny - 8" Green "Bloody Shadow Serpent", 10 pieces, 2011
- Ghost Girl - "Rasta Minigod" custom for Ghost In The Machine, 2011
- Dunny - 20" African MiniGod, 2011
- Qee - custom for 15th Anniversary DIY Qee Celebration, 2010
- Bic Buddies - 8" Custom for the Buddy Custom Show, 2010
- Vadar Helmet for the The Vadar Project, 2009
- Sharky - custom for ToyQube's 4th Anniversary Show, 2008
- Moneygrip - custom for the Get a Grip show, 2008
- Piece(s) for Eye Candy, 2008
- Moody - custom for Don't Cry Over Spilt Vinyl, 2008
- Moody - custom for the Moody Idols show, 2007
- Soopa - Custom for The Soopa Show, 2008
- All City Style - custom for Derailed, 2008
- "Bario Brothers" for I am 8-Bit, 2008