Mori Chack is the artist name of a Japanese graphic designer, who was born in Sakai, Osaka, Japan. He is famous for his Chax product line, especially Gloomy Bear, a 2m tall, violent, pink bear that eats humans. The design is an antithesis to the excessively cute products produced by Disney, Sanrio's Hello Kitty, and other companies. Mori Chack believes that humans and animals are incompatible, and an animal is wild by nature. This is expressed most pronouncedly by the Gloomy Bear, which is often shown blood stained and striking humans. Gloomy Bear is also available in different colours with slightly different designs.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Mori.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Mori has lent his design skills to.
- Bearbrick - 100% Gloomy Bear Version 3, 2011
- Dunny - 8" Gloomy Bear, 1500 pieces, 2009
- Dunny - 3" Series 6, Pink, 2009
- Dunny - 3" Series 6, Grey Bloody Chase, 2009
- Rolitoboy - 5" Bloody Pity, 500 pieces, 2007
- Rolitoboy - 5" Pity, 2007
- Trexi - 3" We All Speak Football Series, 2006
- Trexi - 3" Gloomy Bear, 2005
- Kubrick - 3" Gloomy Bear Gold, 2004
- Kubrick - 3" VHS Gloomy Bear Pink, 2004
- Bearbrick - 100% Series 2, Gloomy Bear, 2001
These are one-off figures by Mori.
- Piece(s) for Touma and Friends, 2012
- Card for The Art Hustle 3, 2012
- Vadar Helmet for the The Vadar Project, 2009
- Munny - custom for 30 Customs by 30 Friends, 2009
- Custom Stitch for the Stitch Experiment 626 Project Tour, 2008
- Vadar custom for The Vadar Project, 2008
- Uglydoll - custom for Uglycon, 2008
- Bocky - for the Toy Saves Children show, 2007
- Dekoboko Boys - for the Toy Saves Children show, 2006
- Circus Punks - custom for 100 Circus Punks Rule NYC, 2005
- Munny - custom for Munny Show LA, 2005