Felt Mistress AKA Louise Evans is a UK based stitcher and prolific tea drinker who creates a range of one-off bespoke creatures with her partner, illustrator Jonathan Edwards. Originally trained in fashion design and millinery, Louise has brought many of the skills learnt through years of work as a couture dress maker to the world of character design. As well as original Felt Mistress characters Louise has also collaborated with a variety of other artists including Jon Burgerman, Jon Knox (Hello, Brute)and Pete Fowler. Her work has been exhibited in the UK and internationally and in 2010 was given her own window on Oxford Street as part of Selfridges' Christmas display.
She states her main interests as sewing, Japan, buttons, creatures, cake and Mr Edwards. When not sewing she likes to dream she'll live to see the day when you can download French Fancies "off of the Internet".
Designed Toy Releases
Toy Series Participation
Customs & Show Pieces
- Piece(s) for Not in Kansas Anymore, 2013
- Dudebox - 7" custom for the Dudebox Launch Party, 2012
- Munny - custom Kracka for the Dragons Custom Show, 2012
- Mini Lunartik in A Cup of Tea - custom for Lunartik Mini-Tea Tour, 2011
- Piece(s) for Tales from the Sneaky Crypt, 2011
- Piece(s) for Multiversal Group Show, 2009