Raised by feral robot wolves in the backwoods of northeastern Pennsylvania and nourished on a steady diet of comic books, Arnold Schwarzenegger movies and Swedish fish, Tom Whalen has a high-pitched, metallic voice in his head that compels him to endlessly churn out all sorts of vectorized madness. iInfatuated with all things giant, Japanese and city-destroying, Tom is a confessed monster junkie who cannot wait for earth to be overrun by either zombies, werewolves or vampires so that he can field test the wooden-stake-firing chain gun that he’s been working on in his basement for the past 38 or so years. He also adores kittens.
Introduced to graphic art by the likes of Ditko, Lee, Mcfarlane, and Simonson at an early age, Tom formally studied illustration and design at Kutztown University before working as a graphic designer and an editorial illustrator.
Designed Toy Releases
Toy Series Participation
Customs & Show Pieces
- "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" for Mattel x G1988, 2015
- Piece(s) for Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary, 2014
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 7, 2013
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult NYC, 2012
- Piece(s) for Gallery1988 x Adult Swim, 2012
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult 5, 2011
- "WW2 R-45 Chinese Warbird" for New Moon : Interpretations of the Chinese Zodiac, 2010
- Piece for Masters of the Universe Group Show, 2010
- Painting(s) for Another Dimension, 2010
- Piece(s) for the Crazy4Cult show, 2009