Mari Inukai was born in Nagoya, Japan. In 1995, Mari came to the United States to pursue her studies in art. She first attended Santa Monica Community College (Mentor program), Santa Monica, California, then Associates in Art, Sherman Oaks, California, and lastly, California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, California, where she received her BFA in Character Animation in 2004. Her short animated film, Blue and Orange, has been an official selection at numerous national and international film festivals, including the Sundance Film Festival 2003, and was the Japan Grand Prize winner at the Short Shorts Film Festival EXPO 2005. Her professional works include Duckstudios, Santa Monica, Walt Disney CP, Glendale, Sanrio,,co. LTD, Japan, Cartoon Network, Burbank, Nickelodeon, New York, Nylon Motion Inc., Los Angeles, Oishii Productions, Los Angeles and NGTV, Los Angeles. Along with her animation works, Mari regularly exhibits her paintings and drawings, as well as designs clothes, toy figures, and other fun products. She currently lives in Beverly Hills, CA with her daughter, Sena.
Designed Toy Releases
These are toys designed by Mari.
Toy Series Participation
These are toys that Mari has lent her design skills to.
These are one-off, or very limited, toys.
- Piece(s) for GR2 15 Years, 2018
- Negora - customs for Konatsuya Daikaiju, 2016
- Piece(s) for Silent Wonderment, 2016
- Piece(s) for Year of the Monkey, 2016
- Negora - custom for Konatsuya Daikaiju, 2014
- Piece(s) for One of One, 2014
- Piece for Tokusatsu, 2012
- Piece for Stop It!, 2011
- Omi - custom for The Omi Show, 2010
- Piece(s) for Small Gift, 2010
- Piece for Masters of the Universe Group Show, 2010
- Buff Monster Series - "Marilla" custom for The Monster Within show, 2010
- Pusher - "Akuma Tenshi" custom for the DIY Pusher Show, 2009
- Piece(s) for Crazy4Cult, 2009
- Piece(s) for Jab Strong Fierce, 2009
- Piece(s) for Vivisect Playset Show, 2009
- "Saruno Thought" & "We Can Fly" for Vivisect Playset Show, 2008
- "Sei" for Vivisect Playset Show, 2007
- Piece for The Nature of Water, 2007
- Piece(s) for Power In Numbers 2, 2007
- Piece(s) for Power In Numbers, 2006
- Piece(s) for Vivisect Playset Show, 2006
- Circus Punk - custom for Out of Vogue, 2006